> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Span
Login | Register

Posted by bucksfan on July 21st, 2000 02:58 PM
In reply to supporting issue by Steve Jones on July 21st, 2000 02:10 PM [Go to top of thread]

The span of the joists is ~15', but the tub is on one end of that span, butted into an external corner (i.e. two exterior walls will border the tub). I'm thinking that the 2nd wall should offer a good amount of support. How much is enough to support apprx. 1000 lbs (tub fully loaded w/water & person)? I guess you'd hafta see it to give a good guess.

I'm gonna do the sistering thing and run some perpendicular supports as well. The beam w/the support poles at least seems kinda exaggerated(again I know you would have to see the situation to assess it confidently) since it really is just a regular sized bathtub w/jets. Plus it would really play havoc with the floor plan in the room below. I know, so would a tub that was supposed to be on the 2nd floor!!!

I really appreciate your comments and will continue to look into things closely based on the concerns you voiced. If you desire, I could snap a digital picture or two of the area an e-mail to you. Might paint a better picture than my words...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC