> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Spackle
Login | Register


Posted by Mickey on April 8th, 1999 04:00 PM
In reply to Hole in Wall/Chewed Wall by Carrie on April 8th, 1999 02:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

Just get a 4 or 5 inch spackling knife, a one gallon bucket of joint compound and a few sheets of 90 grade sand paper.
Next at the home depot or HQ or other hardware store that sells drywall, get a small scrap of drywall to fit behind your size hole. What you will do with that is caulk it with adhesive caulk to the back of the wall so that there is a background for your joint compound filler. The caulk will take about six hours to set up and the piece might need to be held in place by tape or some other type of anchor to keep it in place.Spread the joint compound over the hole and level evenly with the rest of the wall. It doesn't have to be perfect yet so be patient. Let dry 24-36 hours and some cracks will develop in such a large application of that joint compound that you just applied. Don't worry it is just drying normally. Then go back and fill in those voids with more joint coumpound, being careful as this is your last application. It still doesn't have to be perfect yet, but you do not want to have to sand off more joint compound (plaster) than you have to.
Then sand to a similar finish as the rest of the wall. Clean off dust, and paint the area to blend existing paint.
With the corner, spread the joint compound in the sam efasion only to both sides of the corner, and then san to match the rest of the corner's finsih, paint and blend'
This whole process is quite easy. Do it yourself and save your deposit. They will try to gouge your pocketbook.
Hope this helps

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC