> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > sounds like you need to rebuild it
Login | Register

sounds like you need to rebuild it

Posted by LJ in TX on November 20th, 2002 06:48 AM
In reply to Water shooting out top of ballcock by Dede S on November 19th, 2002 09:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

replace the rubber seals and washers. this is usually done by turning off the waster shutoff/supply valve and then flushing toilet to drain the tank. then carefuly remove the three screws from the top of the tank refill valve (I assume this is where the water is shooting up from and what you referred too the ballcock??!!). If so, then carefully lift up the top with the float/float rod attached ...inside you should see an oring around the circumference of the valve and a valve shutoff washer, usally flat in the middle of the valve. there may be onne other rubber gasket or oring in there also but replace them all to rebuild your flush/refill valve assembly. The other good option is to change out your entire flush/refill valve with another one. Search for a good DIY set of instructions for replacing it with pictures too. good luck LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC