> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > sounds like a poorly insulated place
Login | Register

sounds like a poorly insulated place

Posted by LJ in TX on November 2nd, 2002 07:23 AM
In reply to Heating the outdoors by Ann on November 2nd, 2002 01:19 AM [Go to top of thread]

where else is the cold and draft coming from? I suspect the walls are not adequately insulated nor was there a good wrap type skin applied to the outside framing to minimize/prevent drafts from the walls as well. I think the thermal curtains might help. check with home depot or lowes and see what kind of temporary system they have for applying a film to the inside of your windows to act like a second pain and further reduce drafts and hold in the eat. as for the foam board ...I dont think the location of the reflective side matter too much but would suggest turniing it towards the inside of the room to reflect the heat back into the room. If you dont have carpeting you maybe getting a lot of cold thru the foundation too so you might consider using rugs in the living and sleeping areas to act as more insulation from cold coming off the foundation. hope that helps post back with your solutions and their effectiveness. LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC