> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Soundproofing a condominium
Login | Register

Soundproofing a condominium

Posted by Mike on December 13th, 2001 05:38 PM

I have an extremely noisy neighbor with a child. All available options related to resolving our differences have been exhausted. Asking this guy politely, speaking with the condo association, and getting the police didn't work. To make matters worse, he and his son have been harassing me for a year. For example, I cannot be on the phone without stomps from upstairs, and they've been wrestling and playing basketball above me. As a ex-prankster and practical joker, it's been really frustrating to hold back and handle this responsibly. I can take this guy to court, but it still may not resolve the issue, as well as cost me a great deal of money. The condo complex I live in was built in 1966, so many of you probably know that little, if any, insulation is probably between his floor and my ceiling. My ceiling is drywall, and I believe he has carpet (with little padding) over plywood or something. All I need is one room, my livingroom, that I can relax and do my work in. Does anyone have any ideas about how I can either reduce or eliminate all this impact noise? Thanks...Mike

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC