> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Soundproofing
Login | Register

Posted by Cat Carter on March 12th, 2003 08:47 PM
In reply to soundproofing by Matt on February 20th, 2003 02:33 AM [Go to top of thread]

I did an internet search for Soundproofing. I came across this page. I have been having problems with hearing my neighbors in my bedroom. The apartment is an old farm house converted to 5 apartments. 2 on the first floor, 2 onthe second and one 2 bedroom on top. The layout of this apartment I rent, was done poorly. The stairs to the 3rd floor apartment goes along the wall of my bedroom, unfortunately where my bed is. It is poorly insulated, and I either have heavyset people, young adults that party til 2-3 am or couples with kids that run up and down the steps continually renting above me(I am on the 2nd floor)! The other apartments I never hear a sound from. If they are not going up and down the stairs early or late at night, then I hear them because their living room is right at the top of the stairs and the sound travels down the stairs. The landlord does not care and the noise is not bad on the outside of the apartment to call cops. I was wondering what I can do to soundproof the bedroom? I am willing to put out a little money. I can not move the bed from that wall, as there is a back door on one wall, heaters on the another and a door to my living room onthe other wall. HELP!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC