> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Soundproofing
Login | Register


Posted by David Dahlin on September 1st, 1999 09:43 PM

0 of 2 people found this post helpful

I am building a new home which has a common wall between the master bedroom and the family room where a home theater system will be installed. The common wall is a 2x4 stud wall with a pressboard shearwall. Drywall will be applied soon.

What would be a good way to stop the sound travel...batt insulation? Foil or paper lined...or unlined? If lined, which side to which room?

Suggestions are welcome!


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC