> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > SOUND PROOFING AN EXISTING WALL
Login | Register

Posted by MICHAEL TENNEY on November 20th, 2002 02:54 PM
In reply to soundproofing walls by bruce on September 19th, 1999 10:23 AM [Go to top of thread]

To whom it may concern,
I am wondering if you point me in the right direction or give any ideas on how to alleviate my problem. I recently have moved into a newer condominium complex(approx 12yrs old )and my condo is far from sound proof. I've come to deal with the little noises throughout but it's one wall in particular that is giving me a major problem. My bedroom is adjacent to the( kitchen ) of the next door neighbor and everytime they open a cabinet or do any dishes it's like we are in the same room. I'm sure you are aware of the "newer " walls that I am referring to ( thin plaster, metal studs,hollow interior ) and have probably heard this complaint before. Is there any help for me in this matter that I could take care of myself ( ie: blowing some type of liquid insulation into the walls ) or do I need a professional to do the work ? And If I do need the professional to help can you please give an idea on what I would have to spend ( keeping in mind the size of the wall 10ft long / 8 ft tall ).
Your help or suggestions would be much appreciative,
Thanks !

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC