renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Sorry Linda, ...
Login | Register

Sorry Linda, ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on June 22nd, 2001 08:22 AM
In reply to Insulating upstairs reply to Jay J- moderator by Linda on June 21st, 2001 10:31 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi LInda,

... But I'm still a little confused. So to avoid any further confusion, let me re-ask my questions.

The upstairs (which is the area you want to insulate), is THAT 'space' currently finished? Here, I want to know what is insulated (if any), what do you have for flooring and the ceiling and for walls.

If the upstairs (which is the area you want to insulate), if it's NOT finished, then again, I want to know what is insulated (if any), what do you have for flooring and the ceiling and for walls. PLUS, your asking that you want to insulate it, do you want to finish it off to make it 'livable'?

You see, in short, I'd like to know what you have now AND what you want to do w/that space (if anything) either now or down the road. I'm inclined to say that you DON'T want to insulate the roof UNLESS you're finishing off this 'unfinished, unheated/cooled' space. BUT, I need you to answer my based on how I'm asking my questions herein.

Sure, I will see what I can offer you to help 'end the war'. Oh, by the way, a crawlspace is a space that lies UNDER another space. It's not on 'each side of the finished bedroom'. See what I'm saying? A crawlspace can be anywhere from a few feet high to maybe a foot high. Any 'space' that's much bigger would probably be considered a basement, or something. Beings there mainly a few feet high (at most), hence, the name Crawlspace. (The only way you can maneuver in them is by crawling ...)

You can e-mail me directly as this post is getting 'buried'. Or, you can post back on the Forum and e-mail me to let me know when you've done so. I patiently await. :)

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC