> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Sorry Henry ...
Login | Register

Sorry Henry ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on May 29th, 2001 08:17 AM
In reply to Electric circuit by Henry in MI on May 28th, 2001 10:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hey Henry,

... But I didn't 'think' very hard on this one. (You certainly did!) I kinda throught the question was a simple one so I kinda answered it that way.

Yes, just because it's a conductor of electricity doesn't mean it's going to conduct electricity. Take that along with the siding's TENDENCY to conduct electricity and, well ..., I guess one could weigh the 'odds' of it happening.

I did find a few sites that talk about grounding the siding. Here are a couple: Popular Mechanics and University of Minnesota

This site actually states that the 'grounding provision' was removed from the Code. Medina-Gazette

I don't think the Inspector is far off but maybe its required by local Code. I donno.

Sorry, Henry, that you 'thought' so hard on this one. It sounds like you were leaning more towards 'talking' about the 'merits' of grounding the siding vs. why aluminum is grounded in and of itself (or why it is or isn't a conductor of electricity.) I'm not going to go near the why or why not it should be done. I'll leave that to the Homeowner ...

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC