> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Sorry, Boyd, But It's IN THERE ...
Login | Register

Sorry, Boyd, But It's IN THERE ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on April 19th, 2001 09:49 AM
In reply to No one answered the question I asked! by Boyd on April 19th, 2001 09:28 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Hi Boyd,

It seems the problem lies with the humidity level in the house/room/building. I assume that if it's too dry, it will cure to a soft texture since there's no humidity in the air. And on the other hand, if there's TOO much moisture, it may not cure at all, hence, how do you know when to apply any additional coats?

'They' say to read the Instructions carefully. Like I said, Relative humidity is critical to the curing process. I guess if it's not 'just right', you won't have the 'right finish'. I would only HOPE that a Pro who's using this stuff is confident in getting it right. If you want to use it, maybe you ought to talk to a Mfgr. Rep. to see what they can tell you.

It's thickness/consistancy is such that it is ASSUMING a certain humidity level. As for it drying quickly, I can't say since ASSUMING 'normal conditions' would only apply to what they say on the can. I hope this helps. I can't say any more. Unless someone else has an answer here, try contacting a Rep. or visiting a Flooring Forum. I do wish you well.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC