> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Something Useful ...
Login | Register

Something Useful ...

Posted by Jay J on October 6th, 1999 01:58 PM
In reply to Some Help ... by Jay J on October 6th, 1999 01:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

I did some searching and found some stuff for you.

Check out The Quantum Company (?) for 1000 questions AND answers when buying / selling a home. In there, I found an interesting answer to your "AS IS" pitfall. Read Can the seller be responsible for problems even though they sell the home 'as is'?. All this seems to be based on Florida law BUT it brings up yet another 'peeve of mine'.

Get yourself a Real Estate Attorney. Not a Divorce Lawyer friend but a Real Estate Attorney. You see, the banks have an attorney look at THEIR interests for each and every home sale they do. If they sell (and sometimes buy) more homes in 1 day than we do in a lifetime, why do thay have lawyers look after THEIR interest? Who's looking after yours when it comes to 'AS IS'? And, if there's a problem down the road, you've already retained a lawyer for your case, and you don't have to do any legwork in finding a Real Estate Attorney. You can retain a good one for anywhere between $400 and $700 from my experience to answer your legal questions, review your paperwork THROUGHOUT the purchase-process, and do the closing. Now, isn't that $$$ well spent considering you're gonna be spending money possibly in the 6-digit range for the 1st time in your life, all at once?!

This may all sound a bit 'personal' but please think of it as your conscience speaking, OK? :) My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC