> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Some very interesting D.I.Y. products
Login | Register

Some very interesting D.I.Y. products

Posted by Henry in MI on April 8th, 2001 07:26 PM

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Follow up on an article in the local newspaper, I went to According to their site, they have some very interesting products for us. Among the ones that made me take a second look were a test kit to tell if there is lead in anything. You combine the two chemicals that come in a tube and apply the end to what you want to test. If it has leachable lead, it turns red. This is supposed to work on paint and even crysal and dinnerware. They also have a test kit to tell if your paint is oil or latex.

With the many posts here about removing popcorn/textured ceilings, they have a tool that has a scraper especially for this. It has a place to hang a trash bag so most of the "texture" finds it's way right into the bag.

They have lots of other products too. Many things for many different D.I.Y. problems and ones that we see here every day. I am not advocating that you use these or even try them. Prices were not posted so no comments on that part. I post this only to let you know that things might be available that you might not know about and that might save you a lot of time and energy. If you try their linoleum patch kit and it saves your floor, or at least makes it good enough that you do not have to replace your whole floor, then they could save you a lot of money also.

Check out the site and see if they have anything for your problems and if their solution looks good for you. I would like to know if anyone has tried them and the results. The sit again is .

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC