> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Some Insight ...
Login | Register

Some Insight ...

Posted by Jay J on March 20th, 2000 08:20 AM
In reply to Cracks in foundation walls/floor by Valerie on March 19th, 2000 11:01 AM [Go to top of thread]


W/O a Structural Engineer taking a look, you won't have a professional opinion to lay a 'claim' on. Their fee is worth it because if it turns out to be a structural problem, you'll need to retain an engineer anyway.

It's kinda hard to distinguish the difference between the 2 types of problems. Hairline cracks over a number of years in the drywall would be conisdered settling. Damaged beyond that would need to be assessed by a pro to determine if the damage is from settling or structural failure. It's not worth the risk. Get an Engineer out there.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: It may be worth talking to neighbors to see if they have similiar problems.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC