> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Some Ideas ...
Login | Register

Some Ideas ...

Posted by Jay J on July 17th, 1998 09:40 AM
In reply to LOFT,LOFT, LOFT, LOFT, LOFT, LOFT, LOFT, LOFT by Karen on July 16th, 1998 09:50 PM [Go to top of thread]

If you don't get too much direction from this Forum, perhaps magazines like The New Yorker, Philadelphia Magazine, etc., etc., will be of assistance. These city-related magazines probably have articles or advertisements (in the back of them) that deal with loft ideas, among others. There are other magazines I'm sure. Perhaps the 'big city' library in your area or even Border's Books can be of help. It's good that you're looking into ideas first but hand-in-hand with that is to ask if your studio is structurally capable of handling this type of 'idea'. Once you've selected an idea or 2, have your unit checked out, inside and below. The reason I suggest this is because if the unit is not structurally capable, there'll need to be additional infrastructure built to handle the loft. This could cut down on the size of the loft and the size of the room you're putting it in plus add unanticipated costs.

Best to ya and if I come across any ideas on the WEB, I'll let you know.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC