> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > some ideas...
Login | Register

some ideas...

Posted by jb on January 16th, 2002 12:12 PM
In reply to building a four seasons room need glass by Jan Arnett on January 16th, 2002 11:13 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I like Andersen windows

( with low E glass, but there are many brands and styles to choose from. I try to convince people to go with more regular windows instead of many, many sliding or french doors. This can reduce the amount of glass in the room significantly and make it easier to heat and cool. Also, if you are going to have a couch against one wall then it is better if the windows start above the back of the couch instead of having full length glass all the way to the floor.

For heating, I would first always consider connecting into your main hvac system whenever possible. Usually this is best done by adding a separate zone. Using zones makes it possible for you to heat a larger area with a smaller system because each area only calls for hot or cold as needed and not all at once. If you really want to cheap out on the zoning you might consider this:
I've had good luck with it for single room zones that I want to "set back" frequently.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC