> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Some Ideas ...
Login | Register

Some Ideas ...

Posted by Jay J on January 26th, 2000 11:12 AM
In reply to Recovering after a flood by Ana Castro on January 24th, 2000 04:30 PM [Go to top of thread]


For one thing, did you talk to the plumber that fixed your pipes about this? He/she sees this kinda stuff enough to know what you can do. Another idea is to have a Home Inspection. An ASHI-approved inspector will come over and do the whole house for $250-$350! Maybe just do the pipe inspection for $75. Compare that to the repair bill you just got and see if it's worth the $$$.

In the meantime, you didn't say what the pipes were that burst. Were they pipes that fed water to the garden hose? Were they hot water pipes? Are they in a crawlspace? What's the structure around them like? Answer these questions and I'll see what I can offer. Obviously, w/o seeing the situation myself, there isn't much I can offer.

For now, my best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC