> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > some hints or tips
Login | Register

some hints or tips

Posted by Steve: on November 24th, 2000 10:53 AM
In reply to Help with chaulking by Sid Porter on November 24th, 2000 10:26 AM [Go to top of thread]

3 of 3 people found this post helpful

Most people cut the hole or angular hole too big. The smaller the hole, the more control you have over the process. The more adapt the angle is to the workplace the more effecient and flowing of caulk can be.

Now, behind faucets and areas like this is very tough. You have to be very careful here because the gun will not lay down at the proper angle due to the faucet and stuff.

Also, guns range from $3 to $20. Needless to say, the cheaper the gun, the cheaper the job, however a pro can make a cheap gun a work of art. But not a novice.

Also when caulking a tub, you will notice that you cannot start in one spot and continue that direction all the way around.

I always try to work from Right to left. I just find that it works better for me. So, that means three different starting places on a tub.

Then the last process that I do is to wet my finger and make a nice gutter or smooth angle with my finger, it is just to finish off the process.

Then there are those that caulk by pushing the gun and those by pulling the gun. I like to pull the gun.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC