> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Some Help ...
Login | Register

Some Help ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on May 29th, 2001 02:34 PM
In reply to Adjusting double hung windows by Carole Scandrol on May 29th, 2001 10:25 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Carole,

(Why reinvent the wheel ...)

Go to How to adjust a Double-hung Window?

Although it may not be EXACTLY what you need, it's a good start. I believe the 'adjustment screw' is on the 'face' of the window frame, itself; NOT in the jam. (Although I could be wrong.) Look for adjustment screws. They could be of the Phillips type or Allen Wrench type or who knows. If you know the brand, attempt to contact a dealer or the Mfgr. Perhaps someone else can give a better 'picture' of what it looks like. I'm pretty sure of what I'm saying - Just not 100%.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: Obviously, depending on the 'type' of screw, that's going to dictate the tool ... (You'll need to know the different between a Phillips, Allen, and/or Flat screw. (Well, it would probably help ...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC