> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Some Help ...
Login | Register

Some Help ...

Posted by Jay J on August 23rd, 2000 07:39 AM
In reply to painting ceramic floor by misha on August 22nd, 2000 08:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'm no expert on this but I wouldn't recommend it. For a number of reasons (which are stated in the attached links), you have to wonder why a, basically, maintenance-free material like ceramic tile should be 'turned into' one that now requires maintenance. To me, and to me personally, doing this to tile defies the point of having ceramic tile.

I understand that you don't like the look of the tile. The key to your question is what you already asked - How long will it last??! Remember, you will be walking on your 'newly-painted ceramic tile floor', and you have to realize that it will wear a lot more than a regular, ceramic tile floor. YOu could be at this painting every hear depending on how you 'use' your kitchen. (Dogs, kids, dragging, dirt & grease, etc., etc..) Apparently, as stated in one of the links, it's possible (but I have never checked into this particular type of job.) At the same time, you'll probably find as many people that don't recommend this type of job. I guess if you ask any painter, he'll say do it. (Well, with all due respect to the Painting Pros out there, the answer may seem self-serving when they say it can be done.)

Anyways, here ya go. Talk to the pros and maybe even see if anyone knows of anyone that's done this. THAT'S who you need to hook up with. Painting ceramic tile I and Painting ceramic tile II

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC