> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Some Help ...
Login | Register

Some Help ...

Posted by Jay J on December 23rd, 1999 03:31 PM
In reply to toilet drain pipe by Dave in Illinois on December 23rd, 1999 03:25 PM [Go to top of thread]


What you're referring to is called the Flange. The Flange is used to 'raise' the level of the drain pipe, usually in cases where a new floor has been installed and the pipe needs to be 'raised' too. I could be wrong but adding one won't help the bolts stay in place.

What you might want to think of doing is getting a galvanized washer that's a littel wider than the head of the bolt, and slip it on, then slide it into the anchor hole. This should give added 'rim' to the bolt. For now, you might want to wait and see if anyone else has any other ideas before you try this. Oh, even if you add a flange, you may raise the toilet up too high, where it won't 'sit' properly. So, wait to see what others have to say. If no one else adds any other ides, my idea shouldn't be a total loss.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC