> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Some Help ...
Login | Register

Some Help ...

Posted by Jay J on December 17th, 1999 07:40 AM
In reply to Sealing Tile by C Johns on December 16th, 1999 05:21 PM [Go to top of thread]

W/O knowing the brand or type of tile you have, as for the joints, sanded and unsanded joints should be sealed. Natural/Clear grout sealers may change the color of the tile for a few days but after that, the natural color should return. Sealing will help maintain the life of the joints but not necessarily the life of the tile.

There are lots of sealants on the market these days. They even come in a variety of application-methods. One that might suite you because of how much you have to do comes with an applicator tip. I've got a few links for you to peruse. Before you buy your sealant, DO read the instructions. Look for things like 'clear', 'natural', 'penetrating', 'wont change the color', etc., etc.. As for why you've seen discolored grout at other homes can be from a number of factors. 1) The homeowner didn't clean the grout before sealing, therefore, dirt got sealed in. 2) The grout discolored on its own over time. 3) If it gets a lot of sunlight, it may discolor. 4) A cheap sealant was used.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Grout Sealer I, Grout Sealer II, and Grout Sealer III.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC