> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Some Help ...
Login | Register

Some Help ...

Posted by Jay J on October 27th, 1999 07:34 AM
In reply to stucco/dryvit by anthony kamburis on October 26th, 1999 10:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

In recent years, lawsuits in certain places in the country have been filed against mfgrs. and installers of EIFS products. I'm not following the actions but they're EVERYWHERE on the WEB.

What I suggest you do for starters is hire an ASHI-approved Home Inspector in your area that will do an EIFS Dryvit Stucco Home Inspection. Ask the inspector what is entailed and what is the report you get. Ask if your area has been 'involved' in any lawsuits. Georgia and Texas, I believe, are 2 heavily affected areas. I'm sure there are others.

Other than that, I don't know what to say. When you find out the details from the inspection, make sure you talk to the contractor to see how their 'stuff' / practice relates to what the inspector told you. If I'm not mistaken, the stucco itself was OK; it was the installation method(s) of the contractors at the core of the lawsuit. BUT, again, I'm no expert and I'm out of touch with the details of any lawsuits. I'm saying what I'm saying from what little I've read.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC