> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Some Help ...
Login | Register

Some Help ...

Posted by Jay J on October 5th, 1999 03:56 PM
In reply to parquet flooring by Robert on October 5th, 1999 03:22 PM [Go to top of thread]

You may want to ctc the mfgr. because if you don't install the floor properly, you may void your warranty. I can tell you what to do but at that risk, I choose not to.

The mfgr. may have different glues for different conditions. (For example, does the concrete get damp?) If the parquet is a finished floor, you don't need to do anything to 'finish' it. There are cleaners for parquet at Home Depot so you're not at a loss for that.

My best to ya and hope this helps. To test for moisture, get a 1' by 1' piece of clear 3-6 mill CLEAR plastic and duct-tape it on all the edges to the floor. Wait a couple of days and see if there's any moisture under there. If there is, then be sure to get a glue that will withstand some moisture. You may want to consider doing this test during (and after) a rain storm. You may get more moisture than you'd like. All this, of course, assuming you're not interested in the warranty ...

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC