> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > soil up my shingles
Login | Register

soil up my shingles

Posted by rubyroo on April 23rd, 2003 08:57 AM

I bought my used (-1965+) house last November and it had a Rose bush, that had gone wild, planted by the side of the house. I knew it had to go, too close to the house for one thing, and it looked too damp around it. So I hacked it down, so it would die over the winter and I could dig it out.(looks like my house is sitting right on the ground, but I have a crawlspace that side and full basement under the middle of my house)
Two days ago I started to shovel out the ground around the foundation to get to the root of my problem and remove the rest of that rosebush.
The ground had slowly but surely shifted with the roots and the rain (no gutters on the house),then up the cement foundation and under the siding/shingles of the house,a few inches. I dug it away and I put some sods next to basement wall to make a buffer zone for my new plantings.
My questions are, will that sod be enough and will the underside of the shingles dry. Should I leave well enough alone? (or) Should I take the siding off and then remove the shingles and replace them.
I am on a limited budget or I would pay for some "manly" help.
Any input will be appreciated, thank you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC