> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Soft Hammer
Login | Register

Soft Hammer

Posted by Dave on January 31st, 2001 08:12 AM
In reply to noisy pipes by Steve J on January 30th, 2001 05:53 PM [Go to top of thread]

You can buy devices that arrest the water hammer - they install on the water line - they have a piston inside that absorbs the pressure when a valve is shut off. They cost about $10.

I don't know why you have a problem all of a sudden. It would seem as if your water pressure has risen. Possibly due to a section of pipe being replaced? (A section that had restricted flow because of mineral buildup? A section that was changed from 1/2" to 3/4" or larger to accomodate the sprinkler system?)

Try to close valves slowly until you figure it out.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC