> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > soffits
Login | Register

Posted by Debbie on June 15th, 2002 04:43 PM
In reply to In your area... by Jason on June 15th, 2002 04:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

Soffits were article board they had approx 2in by 2ftlong vents with holes cut out placed approx 5 ft apart. they are not in bad condition but when i spoke with the owner originally i did express they needed to be replaced. although contract say install i would think a licensed company would install according to code. i don't have a big problem with them staying up just that the crew was placing soffit vent every 5ft over the particle where there were no openings. covering. then when i called them on it they said they would remove it and drill holes. i thought something larger then a small drill bit with 4-5 holes, in a barn i can see this plugged in a week. i also learned later that very rotten facia had been covered contract specifies to replace rotten board. the ground is level and i don't see this as a hard job. job was 1/3 complete when i became aware and spoke with the crew foreman and the rest is to be done correctly. since they do have a deposit i did want to watch close and insure that the rest is done correctly but didn't know if i should insist that the portion not correct be redone or not. i know i shouldn't feel bad asking it all be removed but did want to make sure i was right in doing so. again thanks for the advice

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC