> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > So the grout itself has developed the "haze"
Login | Register

So the grout itself has developed the "haze"

Posted by Moderator, Steve on March 24th, 2002 09:37 AM
In reply to cleaning/re-sealing grout between ceramic tiles by Carol on March 24th, 2002 08:47 AM [Go to top of thread]

since the cleaning and use of all those chemicals? So, something you used has made the haze, correct?

Tile, ceramic has its wonderful advantages, but in my opinion, the bid disadvantage is the dirt and grime that the grout picks up and that is solely due to being soo pourus.

I have had very good luck cleaning grout with solely bleach. Bleach over night will make the grout look like new.

I am assuming, and you know what that can lead to, that your cleaning and rubbing and polishing has crystalized the dirt, grime and all the chemicals used had made the glaze over the grout.

I might, and I say that concerningly, that you use one of those brass bristled soldering brushes and some good cleaner like comet or something and scrub those grout lines clean. if the bristles are too stiff, you might scratch the glazing on the tile so be careful, if so, take the brush out and scrub a small surface of the driveway to mush the bristles down like an old tooth brush.

Good luck. None of this may work, OK

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC