renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > so let me try to decpher your specific wiring to match the illustration Dodgeman referred to
Login | Register

so let me try to decpher your specific wiring to match the illustration Dodgeman referred to

Posted by LJ in TX on January 15th, 2002 06:12 PM
In reply to 3-way switch installation by Fred on January 15th, 2002 03:16 PM [Go to top of thread]

Fred, I am assuming the red and white twisted wires were not disturbed by you. With that assumption, then the white wire connected to the red wire must be coming from the light and therefore at the other switch the red wire should connect to the dark screw/terminal and the black and white connect to the 2 light screws. Now back at the switch box with the 2 black wires and one white, plus the red and white twisted together, the black wire coming out of the same insulation sheath as the white wire that is connected to the red wire then will connect to the dark screw on that switch and then the remaining black and white wire will hook up to the light screws. Hopefully, I have not confused you too much. Dodgeman, thanks for dredging up the website with the wiring diagram and description. Fred, hope this helps. Post back if you had success after following my suggestions. LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC