> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > So far, so good
Login | Register

So far, so good

Posted by TomR on June 7th, 2000 09:38 PM
In reply to successful exchanges by Joe on June 7th, 2000 07:50 AM [Go to top of thread]

Once I was in a jam, and needed a driver bit for my drill. In desperation, I cut off the end of a Craftsman screwdriver, and completed the job.

Well, I took the screwdriver handle down to Sears so I could get an exact buy, not to exchange. It was never my intention to try to get a free replacement, but the clerk noticed the handle in my hand, and insisted that I get a new one for free. This, after I had already paid for the new one.

Over time I have tested the warrantee, from California to New York to Florida…never a problem. I am sure valid claims exist against the warrantee policy, but it seems more towards a particular store’s interpretation, or even that of a particular employee. My only problem with returning a tool has been with Husky tools. Someone gave me a ratchet for Christmas, but the ratchet mechanism stripped. Home Depot said I was abusing it, using too much pressure, and rudely would not take it back. I simply went to another store. No need to call in the marines.

My biggest problem is loosing tools, or loaning them to neighbors who then move to Alaska.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC