> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > So ...
Login | Register

So ...

Posted by Jay J on September 21st, 2000 10:16 AM
In reply to That's right... DON'T go to by J.C. on September 21st, 2000 07:23 AM [Go to top of thread]

... So if her problem isn't about fixing her plumbing (per your FYI), why are you sending her to! You're telling Trace, "No need to get the opinion of a "real" plumber who just might know the health effects of long term exposure to sewer gasses."

So she shouldn't visit her doctor, right? She should visit a plumber and take his advice from a Post on a Forum about what to do with herself and family about the ill-effects of sewer gases? Why do you have to be sarcastic??! Why can't you be civil in your Follow-ups where YOU don't agree with someone? I don't think I was uncivil in mine but if I was, I apologice PUBLICLY.

Trace has seen your post (I'm assuming since she did ask the question), so I'm going to also assume that if she wants to go to, she will. At least I didn't say ANYTHING like you said, like "DON'T go to J.C. is a "real" doctor that knows everything there is about sewer gasses."

FYI, guy, her question was about exposure which is, I fell, BETTER suited for a physician; NOT a plumber. If she has a plumbing question, someone on this Forum has a 'right' to take a crack at it, and if she's not satisfied in any way with their response (or your OR MINE TOO), she can ALSO do what you suggest - Go to, or go some place else. (It's a very good site.)

J.C., between you and me, feel free to e-mail me directly as my e-mail address is all over the Forum. If you have a personal beef with me, that's fine. There's no need to say and/or do 'what you did' in your above Follow-up on a public Forum. It accomplishes nothing and has the potential to create animosity between you and me, and possibly between other Follow-uppers, and even 1st time Posters. Many times, folks that 'disagree' with my Follow-ups e-mail me off-line. Or, we go about it, civilly, on the Forum. Using direct e-mail, I/we can clarify our positions and don't take up time and energy 'defending' ourselves in public. There's enough of that going on these days with the 'X-guy', The Criticiser, The Steve-Jones-Wannabe, and so on. For all I know, they're the same person. You don't need to add to it, really. It's just unprofessional. If you are a professional, I'm sure you don't talk to your customers that way. It would be one thing if we were face-to-face. Save your 'differences' w/me for direct e-mail or the townie bar, please. Speaking for myself, I just don't feel it's appropriate on this Forum. You may disagree with my 'feelings' but that's OK w/me. You're gonna do what you want to do - It is a free country. Again, FELL FREE to e-mail me and let me know your 'opinion'. I'd give you the same courtesy, one professional to another.

Sincerely (and I mean it),

Jay J

Trace: J.C. is right. I'm not a "real" plumber. In fact, I'm not a plumber at all.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC