> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > smoke damage
Login | Register

smoke damage

Posted by Carrie on January 7th, 2003 05:10 AM
In reply to smoke damage by Dave on December 31st, 2002 01:54 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have the very same story and comment and concern as Dave (Smoke Damage posted December 31, 2002 at 13:54:37.

I am told that since my home has been serverly smoke damaged I need to get rid of all the damaged material yet my insurance company is trying to rebuild my home using smoke damaged studs and walls claiming the smoke can be contained with SPS (what is this please?). I am told SPS is an solvent based paint that encapsulates the smoke smell inside the wood but that studies are beginning to show that there is off gasing and other health concerns arising from this product. I have two small children and our future health is extremely important to me (besides I can not believe anyone would make a choice to have their home built with sub standard and possibly toxic materials) so I am trying to become as educated as possible in order to make and informed choice here. Any clarification or data would be greatly appreciated. Any precidence here or back up of the dangers of SPS (I am sure much like the upcoming ban on treated lumber because of the arsenic off gasing now detected) would be very much apprecaited.
My best,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC