> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Smoke Damage
Login | Register

Smoke Damage

Posted by McKinley Henson on January 28th, 2001 10:29 PM
In reply to smoke damage by Denise on January 27th, 2001 02:38 PM [Go to top of thread]

5 of 5 people found this post helpful

Your home owners insurance will cover your loss.
But you can handle it yourself if you are handy enough. Some things you will have hire a professional to do. First change you air filter to you ac / furnace, clean all effected walls, cabinet, doors and hard surfaces with a alkline detergent(simple green), send effected clothing and draperies to a dry cleaner that specializes in smoke damage, clean windows and screens(if open), have your air ducts cleaned ,have your carpet and upholstery cleaned by a certifed technician ( go to look up a cleaner in your area) seal and paint any walls that have any remaining damage.

Good Luck,

McKinley Henson
IICRC Certified
Master Restorer

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC