> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Smoke and mirrors and horse and pony show
Login | Register

Smoke and mirrors and horse and pony show

Posted by Moderator, Steve on February 22nd, 2002 09:53 PM
In reply to air blowing thru electrical outlets by isaac on February 22nd, 2002 08:39 PM [Go to top of thread]

this is not right and I have never heard of stabilization of air from inside to outside.

What is happening is when an electrical box is installed on an exterior wall, the insulation is pulled away from that area for the box to be installed. Some people nicely cut a nice hole in the insulation and some might just tear it away leaving a larger than needed hole.

If you can light a candle and the flame will flicker when held next to an outlet than you have a hole.

I would DEMAND that this be fixed and I would hold that candle to the area after each time they say its fixed. I would call them back every time that air comes in.

You do not need to know how to fix this yourself, they need to come back in and re insulate that area. Do not let them jack with you. Make it right and do not let up until its fixed. Document everything and take down all names. set up a file with dates of calls, dates of repairs, people who you talk to and everything.

Tell them that the problem is not fixed until candle flickering is over.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC