> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > slow toilet
Login | Register

slow toilet

Posted by Michael Laderoute on January 4th, 2003 04:23 PM
In reply to slow toilet by Joe on December 3rd, 1999 02:53 AM [Go to top of thread]

Ok, I have a problem I am unable to solve. I have a very slow toilet. Meaning that when I flush it, water builds up in the bowl filling it almost to the top. It acts like it's clogged. I've tried a plunger without results, but I do get the water to go down. I've tried a snake with my being successful in getting the snake into the drain line some 25 feet without hitting any obstruction. NO water is leaking from the bottom of the toilet base and the base is tight to the floor. The toilet was installed about 45 days ago. Its been working fine all this time, but recently has started acting up as described above. I've done everything but pull the toilet from the floor and start over! I just don't think that will solve the problem.

Should you have a suggestion, I would be most appreciative. One question to you. If I remove the bowl, replace the wax seal and then re-install it, do you think it will solve the problem? Since water is going through it and the snake hasn't revealed a clog, I just am not confident re-installing the toilet will solve the problem. What do you think?

Thanks and looking forward to your reply,

Michael Laderoute

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC