> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Sliding shower door removal
Login | Register

Sliding shower door removal

Posted by Bruce M on December 25th, 1998 12:11 AM
In reply to Shower door repair by George on December 24th, 1998 06:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 4 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Discontinued Shower Door Parts by Handyman on 01/05/2006

Hi George
Its almost impossible to accurately advise without seeing the door sliding assembly. Mine lift out fairly easily...I can't visualize why yours would not. But try this....spread the doors apart in the track, lift up one outside of one door, take the roller out of the track on the outside edge and then set the bottom edge of the door outside of the track. Then work this door down so the roller still on the track goes from the center of the track to the ourside while sliding the other door down to the other end of the track. This should then allow you to lift out the second roller on the same sliding door and take the door off. The second door should then lift up and take out.

If this doesn't work, then take out the small screws that hold the upper track in place to the side rails, lift it up and put both door bottoms outside of the bottom track or 'W' guide. Then unhook the tops of the doors as per my description above.

Bruce M

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC