> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > slab foundation
Login | Register

slab foundation

Posted by Teri on January 8th, 2000 02:34 PM
In reply to What are the downfalls of a slab foundation? Help me fast please. by Gary on January 6th, 2000 11:06 AM [Go to top of thread]

I recently bought a house on slab foundation that i am in the process of fixing up.I recently discovered both the tub bath and separate showerbath traps are both leaking{ants coming up the drains, w/dirt}.Also a leak somewhere in the tiled wall, which would mean tearing it all out.This is all hidden damage. Yes, I had a home inspector, & with past experiences w/them they are useless. They are not prone to finding anything wrong, because the realtors will not recommend them anymore, because they might ruin the sale. By all means get a local plumber, and elecrician to examine your proposed purchase, and make sure they have a device that detects water in walls, some have them, they are expensive. It will be cheaper in the long run. It`ll now cost thousands $ to fix my problems.My house however is 37 yrs. old w/cast iron sewers & galvanized plmbg.I recently also saw a house where they had copper plmbg. which was replaced overhead w/pvc because the acid water made pinholes in the pipes.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC