> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Size of Air Conditioning Unit??
Login | Register

Size of Air Conditioning Unit??

Posted by First Time Buyer on August 30th, 2000 03:12 PM

Here's my situation. I am under a contract to buy a property, and closing is not set until October. Two weeks ago, the central air conditioning went out on the property and the Sellers had to replace the unit.

Now you know and I know they were not anxious to spend any money on this endeavor. What concerns me is they probably spent the least amount possible to get a unit -- ANY UNIT -- installed so they can get this sale over with.

The property is 1/2 duplex, two-story, 1462 sq ft, facing south (only three small windows on the front, one window and two doors on the back, facing north.) On the east there is no exposure, on the west, only one small window over the kitchen sink.

Question: Is a Lennox 2-Ton, Model 10ACB24 the proper size? We are in the Midwest, temps today 103 and high humidity.

I tried calling one of the larger Heating & Cooling companies in our city and they refused to give me any information, stating that the homeowner would need to request the service call to evaluate the unit, and I cannot.

I'm not trying to accuse the Sellers of trying to rip me off, but I am concerned that the unit is not the correct size and that I will have major problems down the road.

Any comments/suggestions? Please Help!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC