> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > situation
Login | Register

Posted by Michael on February 2nd, 2001 12:24 PM
In reply to Load Calculations by JackD on February 1st, 2001 10:08 AM [Go to top of thread]

Thank you all for responding.

My mother lives in the Denver area. My father had quality storm windows and doors
and insulation well over the norm (R30+ in the roof, I'm not sure about the walls)
installed. The home has no noticeable drafts or cold spots. My mother has apparently
had representatives from several companies, including the local utility, out to give
her estimates. While her current furnace is 150,000 BTU, it is old and she has been
told by everyone that she doesn't need that capacity (I presume because efficiencies
have improved greatly). It does not seem that anyone has done a calculation. I read
your messages to her so she could request the steps you mentioned. She is 78 and may
not be in the house more than a few more years so that affects her motivation. At this
point, she is leaning to a two-stage approx. 100,000 BTU Rheem. I have not yet checked
out the software mentioned, but I plan to. However, she seems to be close to deciding
on the Rheem. I am hoping she will still request the calculations be done.

Thanks again.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Why? by JackD  2/2/01 08:50 PM
  • why?-reply by Michael  2/2/01 11:52 PM
  • Thanks by JackD  2/3/01 12:29 AM
  • heating by paul d  2/12/01 02:28 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC