> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > singing furnace
Login | Register

singing furnace

Posted by Steve @ on January 16th, 2003 03:46 PM
In reply to Singing furnace by Shaz on January 16th, 2003 03:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

I have seen some cheap return air vents do that. Also, Sometimes when the blower wheel on the furnace gets dirt on it, it will make a similar noise. A guy I worked for once had that problem. It was discovered after awhile that it was some paper tags they were putting on the inside of the ductwork to tell which piece of duct went where. The paper tags would start to come loose and it would make a singing noise. A piece of paper or trash could have been sucked into the blower...

I was at a house this week on an estimate where the homeowner said everytime the 30 year old furnace came on it would sound like a bird chirping. Her regular contractor was there and condemned the furnace because of its age. I looked in the door of the furnace with my flashlight and discovered a bird in the furnace. I removed the furnace door and guided the bird outdoors and to the homeowners amazement, the furnace quit making the noise.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC