> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Silent Flame repair
Login | Register

Silent Flame repair

Posted by Len Eichler on February 16th, 2003 01:40 AM
In reply to Silent Flame Parts by Mike Macon on January 24th, 2003 04:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

3 of 3 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post:
> Wood Stove by Handyman on 12/27/2004

I found that nearly every shop that sells wood stoves has a parts book that has the old Silent Flame parts. The motor is about $101. Other parts are available too. My stove was probably built in the late 70's or early 80's. It made a lot of noise and last night, it completly quit working. I pulled it out and took off the inlet screen at the side where the electrical cord goes in. There was a lot of dirt and dust. I cleaned out the crud, took the fan and motor out and blew it out with my air compressor. The motor is three speed. They have a small oil cup on the front and back. Two or Three drops of 3-in-1 oil in each cup smoothed it out. The oil cup on the shaft side is hidded behind the fan, but you can get to it with a small tube. Do not use WD40. I replaced the fan and it seemed to help the noise some. I then realized that there is another fan on the other side. I took the other side off and cleaned it also. There was a lot of dirt and dust! When I had it all back together they ran like new. Smooth and quiet.
Before you run out and order a replacement fan or motor I suggest you take it apart and give it a good cleaning. If you wish to call me, my phone number is 605-381-0939. LEN

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC