> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > siding and sheathing replacement
Login | Register

siding and sheathing replacement

Posted by Pete r Murray on October 6th, 2002 03:55 PM
In reply to Need Your $.10 About A Question On Tar Papering My Shed Roof by J Jacobs on November 18th, 1997 12:43 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 2 people found this post helpful

My house was built in 1988 and I'm am now faced with replacing the rotten siding and sheathing. Underneath the Masonite siding is National Shelter Products Thermo Sheath (a structural foil covered paperboard product). I will be using HardiPanel as the new siding but what should I use for sheathing replacement? The Temple Fiber Brace black board and OSB fibre board is what I see on new house being built (with Hardi as the Siding)around the corner. Is the black felt paper for roofs ok to use with (or even with out) foam board? Does HardiPanel give enough structural support to not require structural sheathing behind it? Hardi says to use a "building paper type" weather-resistive barrier. Is this what roofing felt paper is? I'm tring to maintain the same overall thickness as what's on the rest of the house due to matching of old and new with Z flashing, etc. Using OSB or Fiber Brace would add 1/4" to 3/8" overall. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.
Peter Murray
Austin, Texas

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC