> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > shower leaking from bad tile grout.
Login | Register

shower leaking from bad tile grout.

Posted by Andrea on November 5th, 2001 07:22 PM

Plumber came by today to look at what I thought was a plumbing leak. The wall adjacent to the shower, in my bedroom, has mold and is soft at the very bottom above the trim. The other adjacent shower wall is the outside of our brick home (Texas). There is also sign of wetness there. Inside the shower where the tile grout its cracked is where the plumber said the water is getting in from as far as the point of entry in the shower as well as from the outside wall. I don't even know where to begin with this. I am going to have to do it myself due to lack of funds. How much tile should I remove? What should I look for in the wall to confirm and fix any damage? Do I have to fix the wall in my bedroom or once I stop the "leaking" will it dry out and be okay? The shower also has a "bench" in it. It is encased in glass with a glass door. The "bench" extends outside the enclosed shower area and the vertical caulking along that is severely deteriorated. I am very overwhelmed any advice will help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC