> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Short Story
Login | Register

Short Story

Posted by Moderator, Steve on February 6th, 2003 05:32 PM
In reply to Sewer Leak Location Detection by Jan on February 6th, 2003 04:44 PM [Go to top of thread]

I live also in Texas and have Farmer's Insurance. Before they stopped this coverage, my cast iron pipes under my 32 year old slab home actually rusted out. We were having trouble with our waste going out, our garbage disp sending out stuff and just slow drainage. Called our insurance and they called CC Slab Leak Detection. they came out and removed our comode and sent in the camera and I saw on the monitor that our pipes in many places had NO bottom. The bottom was gone and the earth was the only conduit.

What they did was to never come into the house. They tunneled under the foundation alongside each pipe then tunneled to the hookup and actually removed the pipes and installed all new PVC pipe from every exiting pipe, then routed them to the main sewer. then back filled each tunnel with sand and a chemical that when wet will expand tremendously and support the foundation. Took 10 days for completion and needless to say turned up all the yard in the front as our hookups were at the street not the alley.

Now its all nice and sweet.

Total costs 25K $ our costs 400.

This is the procedure.

Now your case, why would not the jacking company that lifted the house not be responsible for broken pipes and connections?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC