> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Short Circuit Follow-Up - Ron & Dodgeman
Login | Register

Short Circuit Follow-Up - Ron & Dodgeman

Posted by Andrew in NY on December 27th, 1999 08:51 AM

Ron, Dodgeman, and anyone else that might happen upon this post,

As a follow-up to my posts on 12/22, I replaced the two outlets and the wall switch to no avail. The outlets remain dead, while the remainder of the circuit seems fine. I even pulled out each receptacle and switch to double-check my connections, but everything looked good. Should I assume that I have a broken wire somewhere in the wall? (Unless I have very quiet critters, I don't know how it would have broken) If so, is this a dangerous situation? I wouldn't think so, since wherever there is a broken wire, there is not a complete 'circuit', and therefore, no real danger. Please let me know if I am wrong!. Anyway, my next course of action may be to start punching out the wall. Fortunately, the area in concern shares the wall with the garage, where I can live with holes in the drywall for the time being. I will most likely contact an electrician first, to make sure I am not missing anything silly or obvious, or that there may be a more serious problem. If you have any insight or further advice, I would love to hear it. By the way, for anyone who did not see my previous post, I have a 2-wire system.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC