> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > shingle replacement
Login | Register

shingle replacement

Posted by pb on November 5th, 1999 10:29 PM
In reply to Tool for reparing Cedar shingles by H. Woolworth on November 5th, 1999 04:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

in roofing its called a ripper. it slides up past the nail and hooks it, then you drive down on the other end to yank the nail down, pulling it or breaking off the head.
you can also just split the damaged shingle so it parts at the nail, and you can remove the pieces. then there is room to get a common flat bar up in thereto deal with the nail

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC