> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Sherwin Williams Duration
Login | Register

Sherwin Williams Duration

Posted by Gene Woodall on January 31st, 2003 02:08 PM

3 of 3 people found this post helpful

My home's exterior was thoroughly cleaned then painted with Sherwin Williams Duration. It has been a disaster. The painter repainted it, but even with two coats, the paint isn't flat--it has different sheens to it and when water condensed on it during humid weather, then evaporated, it developed very shiny spots and waves. The Sherwin Williams salesmen have come out and claim although they are not chemists, the problem is probably being caused by the amount of pigment they had to use to create the reddish color I wanted. They called it surfactant migration, and claim it will probably go away after some warm summer weather--in other words fix itself. They claim it is still drying and is drying after 3 months! What I see is pigment rising from the surface and floating to the top of the condensation, and when the water evaporates the extra pigment is left on the surface and is very shiny. I have talked to several paint contractors who actually refuse to use this product. One would assume when their house is freshly painted with top of the line paint it is going to look good, not undergo a chemical metamporphis through time and then look good.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC