> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Shepard Homelift
Login | Register

Shepard Homelift

Posted by David on January 10th, 2003 11:41 PM

Taking a longshot here, but I'm fresh out of other ideas.

I'm doing my best to aid a friend with her antique Shepard Homelift elevator, which unfortunately is missing the service panel door that might have had the schematics on it, which is what we'd like to find. Years ago Shepard became Dover, Dover then became Thyssen-Krup. I've contacted them, both national and locally for information, and they've been great- doing extensive hunting for me but unfortunately were unable to find the record of this individual elevator. They have found records for serial #'s right around it, and admit they will be the same except for possibly the number of floors it served, but will not pass these along since they are not for this particular unit. (To give you further idea here, I've been informed that if they could find our original records they would be hand drawn on linen, and they would give them to us, as they have put all old records onto microfysh.) I've done extensive web searches, but so far have only found other people seeking info for thier elevators. I have considered drafting a set for her myself, and may yet have to, but it would be very inconvenient as the unit is 90 miles away and I'd need to remove the entire control box to do so. Any thoughts on where else I might look, post a message..........or by chance would one of you just happen to have a schematic lining the bottom of a birdcage?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC