> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > She likes the shade
Login | Register

She likes the shade

Posted by Ron C on August 9th, 2000 10:42 AM
In reply to Have The Wife Wash The House ... by Jay J on August 9th, 2000 07:27 AM [Go to top of thread]

Some of the trees aren't bad. We have several (7 or 8) wild cherry that are probably near 100 feet high. They can't be pruned, but I would remove at least 3 of them (they could cause great damage to the house).

Also have a small maple & large toby in the back. I prune 2 maples, dogwood, and pine in front.

Wife likes the shade in the summer, and in winter we get plenty of sun without the leaves. OF course we know who has to deal with the leaves. Autumn in western PA is nice.

The north side of the house gets no sun. If I cut down all the trees, it still would get no sun.

I plan to use full strenght bleach on the brick, scrub with a broom, & let it sit for 20 minutes. Then do a diluted second coat and rince quickly. I thought that if I let the full-strength bleach sit for 20 or 30 minutes, much of the clorine will evaporate. Therefore, when I go to hose it off it will have less killing power to affect plant life. I don't know if this is really true (what in clorine bleach kills plant life?) I plan to dillute the bleach with plenty of water when I hose it off. Guess I'll find out whether everything dies or not.

Anyway, I thought full-strength bleack would kill more mildew than dilluted. Mothing will kill it all.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC