Day 1. I have decided to get this rolling today. To give everyone a description of the room layout it goes as such.
West wall: length= 12' One window 28 "w X 62 "H this is an unusual size window but I like it due to the fact it gives the room more lighting during the day hours. I decided to replace this window with Wenco Custom Vinyl Pocket Replacement. Double Hung/White HP Low-E Glass w/Full Screen. total cost = $156.00 (have not yet placed it in)
East wall: Length= 12' but filled with two 90Degree corners and one Door way. Door 28 "w 80"H
South Wall: Length= 10'2" ( weird ) 1 heat register and one outlet
North wall: Length= 7'5.5" ( due to the two 90degree on the east wall) this wall is only 4'7" tall to a 45 degree pitch in ceiling
Ceiling : 8'H Length : 8' to 45 and down to north wall. I have decided to place a small 30" ceiling fan w/ reversible blades for summer cooling and winter heating (keeps the heat down and off the ceiling to escape) Cost: $15.00
Molding: 6" oak with a 2" Crown same wood
OK know that you have a rough idea of what the room looks like, I have used grid paper for my layout figures, and made all my figures as to how many sheets of drywall needed (20sheets of 4'x 8'X 1/2 "w) Have not yet purchased, reason being is that the prices vary so often on this material IM going to wait it out a few more days and hope for the best, right now the prices are $4.95 per piece.
Now the steps I decided to tackle this is mine alone so please if your ideas clash feel free to give your opinions.
First I went to my local Home Depot and purchased two 15" Pry Bars. And one small single hand hack saw. This is what I used to take the trim off. I pulled the crown molding off slowly, I had to run a exacto blade over the seem to loosen the paint. the crown came off fairly easy. Know the base board, this was more complicated due to the fact the prior owners placed in a tile floor which over lapped the base board. What I did, very slowly is pry back the top portion of the board and exposed the lower finish nails. This is where the hack saw came in, I simple cut all the lower nails off and lifted the base board up and out. I also decided to leave in the window trim and door for know, reason being is they look like hell and IM worried that there to brittle to remove yet. again this is all Oak trim and I really don't want to go out and purchase new trim if possible, lets face it this is some expensive stuff and IM grateful that's most of it is in great condition.
Now the walls. I went to my Breaker panel and cut all power to the room and adjacent room. Reason being the outlets don't line up in each room so that means separate wiring to them both. so I decided better safe then sorry and cut both rooms power out. Removed all outlet covers and hardware with them. Light fixture as well. Now is time for the fun part GUTTING the walls. I went out and purchased Dust masks and safety glasses Total cost for that $10.00 like it matters, theirs no price for safety. I removed all the trim from the room cleared out all tools but what is necessary. Tools= One Tile Scrapper, my Pry Bar and One of course. And IM off. Wish me luck.